The revised and rejacketed third edition of Cider offers thorough coverage of every step of cider making, from choosing and planting the best apple varieties to enjoying the finished product. Recipes include sweet and hard ciders, sparkling cider blends, and cider-based foods.
This newly updated handbook shows you how simple it is to turn fruit into nature’s most refreshing drink:
- Make fresh and delicious sweet and hard ciders - including blending and sparkling ciders
- Build your own working apple press
- Enhance your cooking with cider as an ingredient
- Choose the right apple cultivar for the flavor you want
- Plan and plant your very own home orchard for the freshest batch of cider ever!
- Plus interesting bits of history and lore shed light on cider’s colorful past.
|Publisher:||Storey Publishing (2003)|
|Dimensions:||6in (15.2cm) x 9in (22.9cm)|
Star San is a self-foaming acid sanitizer ideal for brewing, dairy and other food and beverage equipment. It is an extremely effective bactericide and fungicide and is not affected by excessive organic soils. Star San also reduces water spotting and can be used without rinsing under the proper concentrations.
- Broad Spectrum Bactericide and Fungicide
- Not Affected by Organic Materials
- No Rinse Requirement When Used at 300 ppm
- Accepted by USDA as a General Sanitizer in all Departments
This item can not be shipped outside the United States.
Yeast nutrient for all beer, wine, cider and fermented beverages. Contains food-grade urea and diammonium phosphate for improved yeast health and performance resulting in higher quality beers and wines. Can also be used to make kombucha, sauerkraut or other fermented foods to improve the health of yeast and bacteria cultures.
|Ingredients:||Food-Grade Urea, Diammonium Phosphate|
Long neck bottles ideal for bottling beer, soft drinks, cider and any other homemade beverages. The amber brown glass minimizes light exposure and they are compatible with all standard bottle cappers and 26.5mm bottle caps. Includes 24 bottles, corrugated box and dividers.
|Inside Opening Diameter:||3/4in (19mm)|
|Outer Opening Diameter:||1-1/16in (27mm)|
|Overall Width:||2-11/32in (60mm)|
|Volume:||12 US fl oz (355mL)|
|Quantity:||Approximately 100 Tablets|
|Contains:||Sodium Metabisulfite (Na2S2O5)|
|Net Weight:||2oz (57g)|
- Use 1 tablet per 1 US gallon.
- 2 Crushed tablets equals 1/4 teaspoon.
- 50 to 75ppm SO2 is commonly used to treat fresh fruit or juice musts.
- 150ppm SO2 is commonly used to stabilize wine at the time of bottling.
|Maximum Fermentation Temperature Range:||50º - 86°F (10º - 30°C)|
|Ideal Fermentation Temperature Range:||64º - 75°F (18º - 24°C)|
|Minimum Wine pH:||3.3|
|Minimum Nitrogen Requirement:||150ppm of yeast available nitrogen|
|Yield (sugar/alcohol):||16.3g/L for 1% alc/vol|
|Maximum SO2 level:||70mg/L|
|Turbidity Level:||50 NTU minimum|
|Net Weight (per pack):||0.18oz (5g)|
Durable food-grade plastic funnel with 4in straining screen for home or commercial use. It is composed of tough, stain-resistant nylon and includes a 4in filter screen that snaps securely in place to strain solids down to 0.03in (1mm) in size. Available in 8in, 10in and 12in diameter. Additional filter screens available. BPA-free.
|Top Diameter:||8.0in (20.3cm)||10in (25.4cm)|
|Spout Diameter:||0.88in (2.2cm)||1.25in (3.2cm)|
|Height:||8.0in (20.3cm)||10in (25.4cm)|
|Filter Screen Diameter:||4.0in (10.2cm)|
|Filter Screen Thickness:||0.13in (3.2mm)|
|Filter Screen Mesh Size:||No. 35 - 0.04in (1mm)|
|Maximum Temperature Tolerance:||158ºF (70ºC)|
|Ingredients:||Sodium Metabisulfite (NaS2O5)|