Sold Out $ 7.69
Chef Bill Collins shows you how to make your own vinegars, including wine, apple cider, malt, white, and rice vinegars, and then flavor them with herbs for exactly the taste you want. He also offers recipes for cooking with your custom-made vinegars, creating everything from a basic Italian salad dressing to Asian coleslaw, sweet potato salad, pot stickers, lentil soup, caponata, sauerbraten, caprese sliders, pickles and chutneys, and even chocolate chip cookies.
From the Back Cover:
Vinegar is the secret ingredient that adds bright flavor and sparkle to countless dishes. Personal chef and cooking instructor Bill Collins offer step-by-step instructions for making your own vinegars and developing flavor infusions for purchased or homemade vinegars. Enjoy your creations in refreshing shrubs (a vinegar soft drink) and more than 30 delicious recipes. You'll also find information on pickling in the section on the many household uses for distilled white vinegar.
|Storey Publishing (2014)
|5in x 7in
Explore the many flavorful possibilities of vinegar. With dozens of recipes for infusing vinegar with herbs, spices, vegetables, and flowers, Maggie Oster fills this delightful book with mouthwatering mixtures that go far beyond salad dressing. Use your homemade vinegars to add some zing to everything from Green Chile and Cilantro Sambal to the white cream sauce enriching your pork chops. Oster also includes tips on making cleaning products from vinegar, so you can keep your kitchen naturally spotless when you’re done cooking.
Vinegar is versatile! And this book covers it all:
- Directions for buying, making and flavoring inexpensive, easy-to-make vinegars - dozens of ideas for combination herb, spice, vegetable and flower vinegars.
- Recipes for using flavored vinegars - just a splash for exhilarating basic vinaigrettes, fruit and vegetable salsas, flavorful and tenderizing marinades, spicy dessert sauces and many more.
- Gift packaging ideas and customized labels.
- Step-by-step instructions for growing flavorful herbs indoors and out.
- Household uses and hints - more than 100 home uses for vinegar, including polishing chrome, prolonging the life of cut flowers and preparing natural beauty treatments.
|7.4in x 9.25in