A blend of the primary acids found naturally in grapes and other fruits (citric, malic and tartaric acids). Acid blend can be added to beer, wine or cider for various applications. Acids are an important part of the fermentation, flavor and storability of fermented beverages. Proper acid levels can inhibit bacterial growth, enhance flavor and improve aging.
|Acid Ratio:||Citric Acid: 45%
Malic Acid: 45%
Tartaric Acid: 10%
One teaspoon per gallon (1.3mL per 1L) increases the total acidity by .1%.
Typically used to supplement acids when using low acid fruits such as apricots, mangos, figs, strawberries, peaches and plums.
|Chemical Composition:||Calcium Carbonate (CaCO3)|
- The exact amount of calcium carbonate needed will vary in every recipe and will depend on many factors including the acid level of the wine or ingredients used
- General application to reduce wine acidity: 1/2oz per 5 US gallons (14.2g per 18.9L)
- 1/2 tsp (2.5g) of calcium carbonate will lower total acidity of 1US gallon of must approximately 0.1 %
- It is not recommended to use more than 0.4oz or 4 tsp (11g) per 1US gallon or to reduce the acidity by more than 0.4% with calcium carbonate
- It is more effective to use calcium carbonate to de-acidify fruit must prior to fermentation
|Ingredients:||88% Lactic acid solution|
|Contains:||L(+) Tartaric Acid|
Malic acid is food-grade and can be used in any food and beverage application such as canning, preserving, flavor enhancement, nutritional supplement and more. It can also be used in home and healthcare applications such as a health supplement and personal care products.
Malic Acid is an effective additive for improving the flavor and quality of wine or cider in addition to other food and beverage applications. It has a pleasing sour acidity and is the primary form of acid in apples. Malic acid is produced naturally in all fruits and vegetables and can be used in fruit wines and apple ciders where an increase in a sour acidity is desired.
|Ingredients:||Potassium Bicarbonate (KHCO3)|
5.2 pH Stabilizer is a proprietary blend of food-grade phosphate buffers that will lock in your mash water at a pH of 5.2. It is safe for your mash and will not add any flavors to your beer. 5.2 will optimize the enzymatic activity of your malt, help clarify your wort, provide more consistent hop usage and often raise your starting gravities. 5.2 will also keep hard water salts in solution reducing mineral build up on your equipment!
- Optimizes Enzymatic Activity Of Malt
- Improves Clarity
- Achieve Consistent Hop Utilization In Wort
- Reduce Scale & Mineral Deposits
- Brew More Consistent Beer!
|Ph of 1% solution:||5.2|
|Solubility:||22g per 100g of water|
|Doses Per Container:||Approx. 9 (Based on 1 tbsp/5 US Gallons)||Approx. 35 (Based on 1 tbsp/5 US Gallons)|
|Total Volume Treated Per Container:||45 US Gallons (170L)||175 US Gallons (663L)|
|Contents:||Hydrated calcium chloride|
|Net Weight:||2oz (57g)|
- 0.2 grams/liter increases calcium content by 50 mg/liter.
- Typical use is up to 1 teaspoon per 5 US gallons.