The Vintner's Best deluxe wine making equipment kit has all the essential equipment to make any style of wine. It contains all the standard equipment including a 6 gallon glass carboy and 7.9 gallon fermenting bucket.
International Shipping Restriction:
This kit can not be shipped outside the United States or Canada because it exceeds maximum size restrictions. Please consider purchasing any of the components individually (except for the glass carboy) for shipment outside the US or Canada.
Other Items You Will Need:
- Ingredient kit
- Wine bottles
- Wine making book
Other Items We Recommend:
- Bottle labels
- Carboy brush
- Carboy handle
- De-gassing rod
Traditional Bordeaux wine bottles are suited for a variety of wines. They can be used with all standard corks and traditional bottle corkers. Not for use with Champagne, beer or carbonated beverages. Case of 12.
|Inner Opening:||11/16in (18mm)|
|Overall Width:||3in (7.6cm)|
A carboy brush is the best way to clean those hard to reach places in glass jugs, carboys and demijohns. This long nylon brush is tough enough to scrub those stubborn hop resins and fruit pulp yet safe enough for all glass and plastic fermenters.
The angled design allows the carboy brush to completely scrub the bottom of the carboy all the way to the edge. When pulled to the top, the angled head can easily scrub the upper areas where much of the floating debris accumulates. The flexible head can be adjusted for carboys of any shape with a total reach of over 2 1/2 feet!
|Handle Length (From end of handle to the bend at the tuft):||25.5in (64.8cm)|
|Tuft Length (From bend to end of tuft):||7in (17.8cm)|
|Tuft Width (average):||2.25in (57.2mm)|
First Quality wine corks are an economical, composite cork for wines aged up to 12 months. The #7 corks are one-piece, pore-filled corks with non-chamfered ends. The #8 and #9 corks are agglomerated with chamfered ends.
|Diameter:||13/16in (21mm)||7/8in (22mm)||15/16in (23mm)|
|Design:||None||Grape cluster and leaf|
|Material:||Natural and synthetic|
- #7 Corks are compatible with all types of bottle corkers and are easy to insert. They should be used with wines that do not require aging and will be consumed young. #8 Corks are compatible with all types of bottle corkers and are ideal for wines that require short term aging. #9 Corks are compatible with table-top corkers but a floor corker is preferred. They are ideal for wines that require long-term aging.
- Shorter corks are ideal for wines that do not require aging and will be consumed young. Longer corks are ideal for wines that require longer aging.
Durable food-grade plastic funnel with 4in straining screen for home or commercial use. It is composed of tough, stain-resistant nylon and includes a 4in filter screen that snaps securely in place to strain solids down to 0.03in (1mm) in size. Available in 8in, 10in and 12in diameter. Additional filter screens available. BPA-free.
|Top Diameter:||8.0in (20.3cm)||10in (25.4cm)|
|Spout Diameter:||0.88in (2.2cm)||1.25in (3.2cm)|
|Height:||8.0in (20.3cm)||10in (25.4cm)|
|Filter Screen Diameter:||4.0in (10.2cm)|
|Filter Screen Thickness:||0.13in (3.2mm)|
|Filter Screen Mesh Size:||No. 35 - 0.04in (1mm)|
|Maximum Temperature Tolerance:||158ºF (70ºC)|
|Overall Outside Width:||2-1/8in (6.4cm)|
|Overall Height:||3-5/32in (8cm)|
|Center Port Inside Diameter:||3/8in (10mm)|
|Center Port Outside Diameter:||5/8in (16mm)|
|Side Port Inside Diameter:||9/32in (7mm)|
|Side Port Outside Diameter:||7/16in (11mm)|
- Fits all common 3, 5, 6, and 6.5 US gallon glass carboys with an outside mouth diameter of 2-1/8in (see exception below)
- Fits 3, 5 and 6 US gallon Vintage Shop plastic carboys
- Does NOT fit 6.5 US gallon glass carboys with the threaded mouth made in Italy
Compatible Racking Canes:
- Fits 3/8in OD plastic racking canes only
- Fits standard 3-piece or double-bubble airlocks.
- Fits blow-off tubes with an inside diameter of 5/8in on the center port or 7/16in on the side port.
|Inner Opening:||0.75 inch (19mm)|
|Height:||11.1 inch (28.1cm)|
|Overall Width:||2.9 inch (7.3cm)|
Choosing A Cork Size:
These bottles can be used with #7 (21mm), #8 (22mm) or #9 (23mm) straight corks from 1.5in (3.8cm) to 1.75in (4.5cm) length. Smaller corks are easy to insert or remove and suited to wines that will be served young. Larger corks provide a tighter seal and should be used for wines that will be aged.
Durable food-grade 4.5in plastic funnel for home or commercial use. It is composed of tough, stain-resistant nylon and has an air channel on the side of the spout for air to escape from the container and allow liquid from the funnel to flow in. BPA-free.
|Diameter (at widest point):||4.6in (11.8cm)|
|Diameter (at smallest point):||0.6in (1.6cm)|
|Minimum Inside Ring Diameter:||1.9in (48mm)||2.1in (54mm)|
|Maximum Inside Ring Diameter:||2.1in (52mm)||2.4in (60mm)|
|Inside Handle Width:||3.8in (9.5cm)|
|Inside Handle Height:||1.4in (35mm)|
|Metal Wire Diameter:||0.2in (5mm)|